Last year, I decided to start supporting the artists that I love and look up to by getting a copy of their art books / zines / sketchbooks. Flipping through their published works gives me energy to work even harder on developing my skills in drawing. I’ve amassed a decent number of books so I thought I’d do an art book haul and share all these wonderful works of art with you.
You can watch the video below:
In my mind, I’m thinking “someday, someone out there will be holding my art book and be inspired to work on their art” — this is THE dream for me right now! Gotta work hard to make it happen 😉
Art books that I mentioned in the video:
- Houses #1 zine by Minnie Small
- Houses #2 zine by Minnie Small
- The Branford Cereal Girls zine by Fran Meneses
- Orange Ginger Jam zine by Fran Meneses
- Perks Of A New Body zine by Fran Meneses
- Oh, Please Like Me zine by Fran Meneses. This one seems to be sold out but you can view most of the comics on her Instagram.
- Sketchlog #1, Sketchlog #2, Sketches 2017 and Sketches 2018. Sush’s store is currently closed but you can probably buy her books once she re-opens.
- Once by Heikala
- 닿음 Touch by Zipcy
- About To Leave by Fran Meneses
- How To Draw by Scott Robertson
- The Art of My Neighbor Totoro by Studio Ghibli
- The Art of Howl’s Moving Castle by Studio Ghibli
I hope this video was interesting for you and that you discovered new artists to follow! Until the next time~
Enjoyed this blogpost?
Then you might like to join my e-mail tribe and receive the weekly Studio Sessions letter. Every Tuesday morning, I will send you a fresh edition of Studio Sessions a.k.a. newsletter. This special e-mail is designed to assist you in exploring mindful and inspired creativity. If this is your jam, leave your details below and you’ll get your first e-mail right away!